The Arizona Leveraging Educational Assistance Partnership (AzLEAP) enables more low-income Arizona students to finance their college education. Through these need-based grants, undergraduate, low-income, Arizona resident students with substantial financial need are able to access dollars for college.
The maximum AzLEAP award per academic year is $2,500; average amounts awarded are $1,000 for the year. For more information, check with the financial aid office at ASU, NAU or UArizona, or a participating institution listed below.
- Resident of Arizona. Read here for more information about in-state tuition and residency: ASU, NAU or UArizona.
- Enrolled at least half-time as an undergraduate student in a regionally or nationally accredited Arizona postsecondary institution.
- Have substantial financial need (be eligible for the Federal Pell Grant) as determined by the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- Maintain satisfactory academic progress as determined by the institution.
The following Arizona Institutions are participating in the AzLEAP Program for the 2022-2023 academic year.
- Arizona State University*
- Arizona Western College
- Benedictine University*
- Chamberlain University
- Chandler-Gilbert Community College*
- Cochise College*
- Coconino Community College*
- Conservatory of Recording Arts & Sciences
- DeVry University
- Dine College
- Eastern Arizona College
- Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University*
- Estrella Mountain Community College*
- Gateway Community College*
- Glendale Community College*
- Grand Canyon University*
- Mesa Community College*
- Mohave Community College*
- Motorcycle Mechanics Institute
- Northland Pioneer College*
- Ottawa University
- Paradise Valley Community College*
- Phoenix College*
- Pima Community College
- Pima Medical Institute
- Prescott College
- Refrigeration School*
- Rio Salado Community College*
- Scottsdale Community College*
- South Mountain Community College
- Universal Technical Institute
- University of Advancing Technology
- University of Arizona
- University of Phoenix*
- Western Governors University
- Yavapai College
*Institution automatically selects students for the AZLeap scholarship when students apply and are admitted as part of their financial aid package. For all other institutions, follow up with the financial aid office to determine how the program is administered.